Grandmother Willow
Deku Tree
SO, a ton of inspiration was drawn from these two. I find it amazing that our brains can remember images if they are trained to do so. I have been drawing and paintings for years and I know that in practicing these skills that you start to obtain a photographic memory. Details, objects, similarities, patterns, colours, come easy when you spend most of your time looking for those elements.
This was the original picture I had drawn last week. It is a Grandmother Tree (who will later be named Tully, explanation will be given later on). In this drawing, Tully is giving advice to the small plants who are about to embark on their own growth journey.
I called this drawing: "Once You Know, Then You Grow".
Not the best quality photograph, but that's okay.
This drawing was the jump off point for a series of paintings I am going to be doing on the Lovely,Wise, Tully Tree. In Gaelic the meaning of Tully is Peaceful. I chose to use a name from the Gaelic language because of my brother. His name, Connor, in Gaelic means "Wolf-man" and that was a huge part of his life. So in the same fashion, I decided on Tully, because more than anything this tree embodies peacefulness to me.
This is the final painting:
Victoria Wheeler
04/05
Thanks for checking out my bug stuff.


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment