Monday, 7 April 2014

Psychedelic Landscape

So, From previous paintings that I've posted on this website. It's obvious that I was really into knife painting. Using a pallet knife to get the paint on the canvas gives such a sense of freedom because you know it doesn't have to be an accurate representation of what your portraying. Which is so much more fun honestly.
So after I felt like I had a hang on knife painting (for now), I decided to try to go with a big paint brush with bold strokes and more earth tone colours. Thats where my "Tully" tree steps in. I really enjoyed the organic movement of the paint brush. It gave a lot of feeling of physical depth. Awesome. 
Then this most recent painting happened. I went right into it knowing that I would be combining the two techniques, but totally unsure of how I would do it. I didn't know if I should mix them up, try to use the pallet knife to make bold strokes, try to use a big brush to make quick shapes... and it just came so organically that I used each tool the way I knew how. 
I LOVE THE FINISHED PRODUCT. 

Psychedelic landscape.

Below is a photograph from a local golf course. A friend had taken this photo! Awesome picture. I decided to change the colours to a bit warmer temperature, and then take it from there in my own style. The final picture if my finished painting!  

Photograph By John Chiasson
The ORIGINAL photograph

My colour alteration

My painting

No comments:

Post a Comment